[Phpmyadmin-devel] Re: table name with "." / pma demo

Marc Delisle Delislma at CollegeSherbrooke.qc.ca
Mon Jul 15 05:44:06 CEST 2002

Loïc wrote:

> Hi List!
>
> Olivier wrote:
>
>>try to delete the table "www.nukeland"
>>

> This is a known MySQL problem: dot is an invalid
> character in db/table/column name but MySQL doesn't
> check for it while creating db/table/column.

I just tried with phpMyAdmin 2.3.0-rc3, and
MySQL 3.23.38.

phpMyAdmin did not check for a dot in db, table or column
name.

MySQL gave an error when creating the db, table.
MySQL accepted to create the column, and to delete it.

Marc