AW: [Phpmyadmin-devel] Syntax Highlighting

Beck, Mike mike.beck at ibmiller.de
Thu Jun 13 01:02:16 CEST 2002

> I played a bit with your new syntax highlighting feature.
> First of all, we should imho keep on using hex codes for
> color definitions
> in order to avoid misinterpretations. I've just changed this in CVS.

thanx

> The second thing is that the LIMIT clause is only highlighted
> if it has been
> added manually, the one that phpMyAdmin adds automatically is
> left black.

yes, because it is shown seperately, now it will be colored as well

> And finally we should not use blue for the SQL commands since
> we also use
> blue for the links above the SQL query output.

yes, i was wondering as well, but my textpad (which does a wonderful
syntaxhighlighting
if you have to use windows) uses the blue there as well, so that was what i
am used. But
feel free to choose some other colors and commit them.

> It's really a great feature!
> Happy debugging,

;-)
thank you.
as i didn't get an answer from the german php mailinglist, maybe one of you
will be able to help me to fix one bug i know of in my code there:

i need some regex that will enable me to replace ; inside a string if it
does not have ' around it.
if i have more than one query like:
select * from table where col=' ';select * from table where col=2;

i need a space after the ; that ends the first statement so i can split
them, but i don't want to add a space after   of course.
can anybody tell me how to do it?
(btw: the code currently in cvs will for that reason not add any spaces
after ; which will result in the second select in the above statement not
being colored.)

--
Mike Beck
mikebeck at users.sourceforge.net