[Phpmyadmin-devel] 2.3.0-rc1 tomorrow?

Olivier M. qmail at orion.8304.ch
Mon Jun 17 15:42:02 CEST 2002

Hi Marc & everybody,

I'm still alive :) Just having a very heavy university
year, and no time currently to code on PMA till summer (exams
and 'Semesterarbeit'): but I'm still following the lists, cvs,
and the great work!

On Mon, Jun 17, 2002 at 04:52:37PM -0400, Marc Delisle wrote:
> I plan to release 2.3.0-rc1 tomorrow, then we only merge:
> - translation updates
> - light patches
> - light bug fixes.
> Any show stopper you can think of?

a few things:

* many links on the main.php3 page return errors on my
linux php 4.2.1/mysql 3.23.44 system:  show runtime infos,
show variables, change password (-> php parse error!!!),
show processlist:
-> You have an error in your SQL syntax near '' at line 1
(tested with opera and netscape)

* Another error when I click on the "Operation" menu
(table display):
-> You have an error in your SQL syntax near '' at line 1

* I don't really like the current look of the "Menus", now that
they are much more important than before:
 ( [ SQL | Structure | Export | Search | Query by Example  ] ), etc.

what about displaying them as Tabs (like under http://www.altavista.com/
or http://images.google.ch/images?q=phpmyadmin&hl=de&btnG=Google-Suche ) ?

* Maybe that displaying a "detailled" menu (same as the list of links,
but in a table, with operation description) on the tbl_properties.php3
and db_details.php3 pages would be a good idea? (before the big SQL
text field) : would be more userfriendly...

* Other thing (requested by friends testing 2.3): would there be a way to
optionnaly have all options back to the db_default/tbl_propr page ?
(kind of "expert" mode, with flag in the config file) ? For example
a "simple" include(tbl_properties_*.php3) in tbl_properties.php3
and the same in db_details.php3.  Would be good for lazy (less mouse
clicks...) and power users.

Voila, that was all for tonight, back to school work... :/
Cheers,
Olivier