[Phpmyadmin-devel] 2.3.0-rc1 tomorrow?

Mon Jun 17 18:34:02 CEST 2002

Olivier M. wrote:

>* many links on the main.php3 page return errors on my
>linux php 4.2.1/mysql 3.23.44 system:  show runtime infos,
>show variables, change password (-> php parse error!!!),
>show processlist:
>-> You have an error in your SQL syntax near '' at line 1
>(tested with opera and netscape)

The parse error is fixed.
I cannot reproduce any of the other errors in Apache 1.3/PHP 4.1.2.

Olivier, are you running your PHP 4.2.1 with Apache 2? Apache 1.3? other
server?

>* Another error when I click on the "Operation" menu
>(table display):
>-> You have an error in your SQL syntax near '' at line 1

This does not happen here.

>* I don't really like the current look of the "Menus", now that
>they are much more important than before:
> ( [ SQL | Structure | Export | Search | Query by Example  ] ), etc.
>
>what about displaying them as Tabs (like under http://www.altavista.com/
>or http://images.google.ch/images?q=phpmyadmin&hl=de&btnG=Google-Suche ) ?

This is not a show stopper, IMHO. We will be able to improve on next
versions, but this one
is already an improvement.

>* Maybe that displaying a "detailled" menu (same as the list of links,
>but in a table, with operation description) on the tbl_properties.php3
>and db_details.php3 pages would be a good idea? (before the big SQL
>text field) : would be more userfriendly...
>

>* Other thing (requested by friends testing 2.3): would there be a way to
>optionnaly have all options back to the db_default/tbl_propr page ?
>(kind of "expert" mode, with flag in the config file) ? For example
>a "simple" include(tbl_properties_*.php3) in tbl_properties.php3
>and the same in db_details.php3.  Would be good for lazy (less mouse
>clicks...) and power users.

Not show stoppers either, Olivier.
But I don't understand exactly your point.  All options?  Do you mean
all sub-pages?
And go back where?  to the new "SQL" sub-pages?

Marc