[Phpmyadmin-devel] Re: 2.3.0-rc1 tomorrow?

Olivier M. qmail at orion.8304.ch
Wed Jun 19 02:07:05 CEST 2002

Hi Robin & list,

On Wed, Jun 19, 2002 at 01:58:49AM -0700, Robin Johnson wrote:
> > about this thing, what about letting PMA still work, even with en
> > empty PmaAbsoluteUri (getting the infos from HTTP vars), and displaying
> > a small warning somewhere "please setup the variable"... ?

> I'd support this, and I'd say we should do it in this order:
> if PmaAbsoluteUri is empty, then try one of the automatic methods for it
> as listed in the Documentation.html, and display the warning as Oliver
> said. They can then copy the automatic examples from the
> Documentation.html if those work for them, and the warning will go away.

exactely!

> > Reason: I have a PMA on a "*.domain.ch" domain with some mappings,
> > with and without ssl, and I'd like to keep only one copy of PMA
> > arround, not 4 like now...
> Have you tried the automatic mappings as suggested in the
> Documentation.html? They work fine under all of my Apache systems.

yes, this was what I was thinking about. So the only thing to do would
be to set the variable to one of these automatic mappings per default
if PmaAbsoluteUri == ''.

Olivier, currently fighting with Docboox/xml (btw, docbook based
doc would be cool for PMA too :) : Documentation.html is getting
big....)