[Phpmyadmin-devel] Re: 2.3.0-rc1 tomorrow?

Robin Johnson robbat2 at fermi.orbis-terrarum.net
Wed Jun 19 01:55:03 CEST 2002

On Wed, 19 Jun 2002, Olivier M. wrote:
> about this thing, what about letting PMA still work, even with en
> empty PmaAbsoluteUri (getting the infos from HTTP vars), and displaying
> a small warning somewhere "please setup the variable"... ?
> It was the case before and worked fine, but for a reason I don't remember
> the feature has been removed.
I'd support this, and I'd say we should do it in this order:
if PmaAbsoluteUri is empty, then try one of the automatic methods for it
as listed in the Documentation.html, and display the warning as Oliver
said. They can then copy the automatic examples from the
Documentation.html if those work for them, and the warning will go away.

> Reason: I have a PMA on a "*.domain.ch" domain with some mappings,
> with and without ssl, and I'd like to keep only one copy of PMA
> arround, not 4 like now...
Have you tried the automatic mappings as suggested in the
Documentation.html? They work fine under all of my Apache systems.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
E-Mail     : robbat2 at orbis-terrarum.net
Home Page  : http://www.orbis-terrarum.net/?l=people.robbat2