[Phpmyadmin-devel] Re: time for an rc2-release?

Rabus rabus at bugfixes.info
Sun Jun 30 04:03:01 CEST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Marc Delisle" <DelislMa at CollegeSherbrooke.qc.ca>

> Olivier M. wrote:
>
> >I guess it would usefull to track the bugs related to the
> >newest changes... :)
> >
> >Olivier
> >
> Yes, I will release -rc2 it in a few hours if there are no objections.

All right, but... ... ...
could we wait until the soccer final is over? ;-)

> Before -final, I would like to do a cleanup of /lang. Tell me what you
> think of that:
>
> - all files would have in their names the charset, for example
> german.inc.php3 would become
> german-iso-8859-1.inc.php3

I agree.
There are also som inconsitences with UTF-8, ISO-8859-x and other charsets:
Some files are name "something-utf8.inc.php3" and some are named
"something-utf-8.inc.php3"

Something else:
Since our libraries are named *.lib.php3, what about renaming the language
files to *.lang.php3?

> - in create-release.sh there would be a reminder to use sync-lang.sh to
> generate the -utf-8 files
>
> - Should we show all -utf-8 files?

imho, the language drop down menu is getting too large.

I had the following idea:
We only show the available laguages in the menu. After having selected his
laguage, the user can choose his preferred charset.
What do you think about that?

I'm watching soccer now :o)

Alexander