[Phpmyadmin-devel] Re: Testings and opinions

Wolfram Schlich lists at schlich.org
Thu May 2 07:08:09 CEST 2002

On Thu, May 02, 2002 at 01:52:15PM +0000, Loïc wrote:
> Wolfram wrotes:
> >Well, before it just seemed to work fine to me?!
>
> Fine. It was also working fine for me. But since it
> depends on the server you're using we can't really rely
> on specific experiences. I mean this is the RFC and
> then we must do what is stated here.

Well, "must" is not the right word here, IMHO "should" is :-)

> >Hmm, sorry, I've missed the chance to have a look at it :o)
>
> He, he...

Yep, sorry :o)

> >Why isn't this (auto-config) the dist-default anyway?
>
> Because variables we are using there depends on the are server
> environment ones and then, once again, we can't rely on what
> the default Apache installation does:(

So why not just choose something which fits - say - 50% or more of all
users *by default* over something 100% of all users have to set
manually? I mean, I think I got the issue, but IMHO it's worth thinking
about it again.
--
Wolfram Schlich; Berghof, D-56626 Andernach-Kell; +49-(0)2636-941194;