[Phpmyadmin-devel] PDF support?

Robin Johnson robbat2 at fermi.orbis-terrarum.net
Fri May 17 20:43:01 CEST 2002

I was just working on my documentation for my IP allow/deny code, and
noticed the commit of the PDF code. I see a major error in it. This was
the sample code for creating the table to get used:

CREATE TABLE `pdf_table_position` (
`table_name` varchar(50) NOT NULL default '',
`x` float unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
`y` float unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
PRIMARY KEY (`table_name`)
) TYPE=MyISAM COMMENT='Table positions for PDF schema';

In this, the first bug is that the table name might be longer than 50
characters. Secondly, could we possibly change the default name to
indicate that this is linked to PMA ? Possibly rename the default table to
'phpMyAdmin_pdf_table_position'?

I don't know how in depth the PDF code is, but in the configuration file,
could we please have a variable to disable it, such as
$cfg['PDF_schema_dump']? The code should check for that being set before
doing anything, and ideally after that there should be a check for the PDF
extension being loaded. (And try to load it as well).

The reason I want the configuration variable above all else, is that for a
long time I have had problems with a few PHP extensions, that have
compiled fine on my system, but if I tried to use them, they would totally
corrupt the output. So I had to disable them and not load the extensions,
but there were still a few scripts that caused problems when they loaded
the extensions on their own.

The main extensions to cause problems for me have been PDF, BZIP, GZIP,
IMAP, mcrypt and pspell.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
E-Mail     : robbat2 at orbis-terrarum.net