[Phpmyadmin-devel] PDF support?

Loïc loic-div at ifrance.com
Sat May 18 02:36:01 CEST 2002

Hi List!

>In this, the first bug is that the table name might be longer than 50
>characters. Secondly, could we possibly change the default name to
>indicate that this is linked to PMA ? Possibly rename the default table
>to 'phpMyAdmin_pdf_table_position'?

I agree to both these suggestion but I would prefer the prefixes for
all these tables to be "PMA_" rather than "phpMyAdmin"... because
I'm a lazzy guy ;)

>I don't know how in depth the PDF code is, but in the configuration
>file, could we please have a variable to disable it, such as
>$cfg['PDF_schema_dump']

Hum, just let the "$cfg['Servers'][$i]['pdf_table_position']" directive
empty. I don't like much the idea to add an other setting once again.

>and ideally after that there should be a check for the PDF
>extension being loaded.

The major goal of the "fpdf" class is to generates pdf files without
using the php pdf extension, so we don't need to check for it.

Loïc