[Phpmyadmin-devel] Re: IP Allow/Deny code

Loïc loic-div at ifrance.com
Sat May 18 05:47:02 CEST 2002

Hi Robin and List!

I've updated a bit you code, Robin, and put all the related functions
inside a distinct library. My first tests with the "http" authentication
mode are fine :)

But I've got a question: imagine that the script detects the user is
behind a proxy but can't get the true ip of this user. What should we
do in this case? (Currently, the script allow the user to log in).

BTW what do you think of adding some warning in the documentation
about this feature because it's a security mechanism for phpMyAmin
only and not for MySQL itself and I'm afraid some end-users would
be a bit confused else.

Loïc