[Phpmyadmin-devel] IP Allow/Deny code

Marc Delisle Delislma at CollegeSherbrooke.qc.ca
Sat May 18 08:13:01 CEST 2002

Robin Johnson wrote:

> Feature #484158, the IP allow/deny host authentication code has now been
> completed and commited. It's been in live testing on my public server for
> a week now, using cookie authentication mode. I would appreciate some more
> testing of the code, particularlly under the HTTP and Config
> authentication modes.
>
> I'm still working on the DB-Config stuff. More to follow on that later.

Robin,

When I am using a proxy:
$proxy_ip has the true client IP
$direct_ip has the proxy IP

So $regs[0] returns wrongly the IP of the proxy.

I think line 221 should be checking $proxy_ip instead of $direct_ip.

Someone else can confirm this behavior?