[Phpmyadmin-devel] Apache 2.0.* and PHP 4.2.?

Robin Johnson robbat2 at fermi.orbis-terrarum.net
Wed May 22 07:58:04 CEST 2002

On Wed, 22 May 2002, Loïc wrote:
> I've begun to check some fixes but can try them since I don't
> use this configuration (Apache 2+ & PHP 4.2.?). It would be
> nice if someone run the tests I've put at this url:
Due to the nature of how I find the DB-Config code will need to work, I am
presently trying to get an Apache2+ & PHP 4.2.? box running myself, as my
old Apache/1.3.22 & PHP 4.1.0 really doesn't work to well with some of it.

The main thing I have found for use is XPath & XSLT, for which I've been
using a standalone PHP class, just like the FPDF stuff, but it does not
work correctly under the older versions of PHP, due to bugs in their OO
systems. At the end of the DB-Config, we will be able to use XML based
configuration files as well, so that will be a handy advantage. I found
that the serialize solution I was going to use originally had a few major
drawbacks when it came to extensibility, and handling the code later on.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
E-Mail     : robbat2 at orbis-terrarum.net
Home Page  : http://www.orbis-terrarum.net/?l=people.robbat2