[Phpmyadmin-devel] Re: Apache 2.0.* and PHP 4.2.?

Robin Johnson robbat2 at fermi.orbis-terrarum.net
Wed May 22 16:43:02 CEST 2002

On Wed, 22 May 2002, Loïc wrote:

> Hi Robin & List!
>
> >At the end of the DB-Config, we will be able to use XML
> >based configuration files as well, so that will be a handy
> >advantage.
> Be aware that the php xml parser is still changing (there
> were some huge debates about it in the php dev. list two
> weeks before).
As I stated in the previous email, I was using a PHP class to get the XML
functionality instead of the XML parser that is included in PHP.

> Moreover we can't ask all the phpMyAdmin users to upgrade
> to a PHP 4.2.? release since lots of them are running on
> shared servers.
DB-config is definetly an ISP level type feature. It isn't my code that
needs 4.2, but rather the PHP class that I am using. It makes use of some
OOP inheritance methods that are problematic in previous versions of PHP.
The same fixes are needed to run some of the updated PEAR classes.

Most of the ISPs that I have seen skipped the 4.1 update set, so hopefully
they will take to 4.2 instead.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
E-Mail     : robbat2 at orbis-terrarum.net