[Phpmyadmin-devel] 'DESIGN' notes

Robin Johnson robbat2 at orbis-terrarum.net
Sun Oct 13 02:23:02 CEST 2002

Hi List,

I was working on the SQL parser, and sat pondering it for a while, and I
wrote up a design note.

I couldn't figure out where to put it, so I filed it under features for
the moment. (I created a category 'Design Notes' there).

In an effort to clean up the feature tracker and make our plans for the
future more clearly laid out, I propose we each try to summarize the
current feature tracker items into a set of design notes, that contain
all the information needed to work on a specific facet of the overall
program.

I've just written up one about the SQL parser. Over the next while I'll
write up notes about the db-config and session-security stuff.

If you have been working on a specific part of PMA a lot, and have plans
for it, write them up in a design note as well.

Alex's discussion the other day about character sets on Macs for
example, is something that needs to be looked at. I think in the long
term a set of functions handling strings will be needed. I started
writing stuff up once before in libraries/string.lib.php. I'll be
commiting a bit more code in there later on to hopefully fix a long
standing multi-byte character bug with the SQL parser.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
E-Mail     : robbat2 at orbis-terrarum.net
Home Page  : http://www.orbis-terrarum.net/?l=people.robbat2