[Phpmyadmin-devel] MySQL 4.1.0

Garvin Hicking squirrel at supergarv.de
Thu Apr 10 01:08:06 CEST 2003

Hey All!

I just read Alex' comment for one of our RFE, that MySQL 4.1.0 is released and he
wants to start work after 2.5.0.

I don't know how excessive the changes made for 4.1.0 are, so maybe anyone can
explain that to me, before I dig around? And maybe a rough estimate of how much this
affects our application...

I for one would like to have 4.1.0 support for PMA 2.5.0. I wouldn't like to have
the 4.1.0-enabled version two weeks after 2.5.0 release and forcing people to update
their PMA to 2.5.1. Instead I think it is a good idea, if possible, to delay the
release of 2.5.0 to put in the new MySQL support. I think this is worth the wait,
because surely many developpers will update their MySQL now.

What do you think of that?

Regards,
Garvin.