[Phpmyadmin-devel] MySQL 4.1.0

Rabus rabus at bugfixes.info
Sat Apr 12 08:52:02 CEST 2003

-----Original Message-----
From: Garvin Hicking

> Your arguments are quite good, I didn't think it that way and
> wasn't aware of major changes for 4.1.0 - and I thought that
> 4.1.0 would be already Beta because there's so much hype
> around for that version.

Making phpMyAdmin MySQL 4.1 compatible won't be that easy, so I think we
should wait untill 2.5.0 is out.

> > I'd say that anybody that runs the new MySQL 4.1.0 ALPHA on a
> > production server should be taken out and shot.

Exactly :-)

> > If the people are THAT
> > cutting edge that they are running MySQL 4.1.0, then they
> > won't mind upgrading phpMyAdmin.
>
> You got me. Let's feature freeze 2.5.0 when Alex' got some
> news about the install script. :)

I've got some news: I won't get it ready for 2.5.0, so I have to delay
it for 2.5.1.
I'm very sorry about that, but the script is really to "alpha" to
release it now. But it's going to be great, you'll see! :-)

Let's feature freeze and go for RC1!

Alexander M. Turek
<alex at bugfixes.info>

| The phpMyAdmin Project      |