[Phpmyadmin-devel] html entitities in messages

Garvin Hicking squirrel at supergarv.de
Wed Feb 12 06:49:08 CET 2003

<quote who="Marc Delisle">

> Do we absolutely need the ones that are currently in english-iso?

 's are definitely necessary to preserve formatting issues. I checked through
the strings and it seems as if the extra blanks are intentional. They would get
removed because of standard HTML-rendering issues if we replaced them with " "
characters.

The usage of " in the single case for $strJustDeleteDescr is necessary, because
the message appears inside a title="..." attribute. If we converted that to " the
title-attribute would appear to be closed and half of the string would be missing.

In short: Keep 'em. :-)

--
Bye,
Garvin.