[Phpmyadmin-devel] RFD: New feature, Interface implementation (not a feature request! :-)

Garvin Hicking me at supergarv.de
Wed Jan 29 14:55:06 CET 2003

 Hi Michal!

> Because they will have the latest version...isn't this most usual reason
> to update?

Hm, as a bleeding-edge user of course. But I know of a lot phpMyAdmin-
Installations using 2.2.xxx

> Anyway, if you will make your proposed changes, please try to also make
> implementing something like RFE #653201 (BLOB download/upload) as easy
> as possible. I just wanted to let you know about this as it is just
> another thing that should IMHO work within those changes you are going
> make. And don't thing that I request you to write it, but it would be
> nice ;-).

Thanks for the reminder. Yes, I will work on a general BLOB-Wrapping
script (but for DOWNLOAD only, as pointed out in a parallel posting),
which should not only display inline-graphics display but should
be able via the transformations to output any other file with usefull
headers.

Hope everything goes as smoothly as I worked it on my imagination. :-)

I think for the first step column transformations will not work for
aliases columns. Like when I define a 'image/jpeg'-Transformation on the
field 'image' I will see the transformation with a query like 'SELECT
image FROM table' but will not see it if I use 'SELECT image AS bild FROM
table'. That means, the column name has to match a comment entry. Using
'SELECT image_new AS image' instead will transform the image using the
'image/jpeg'-Transformation.

I think this is the way I would expect the transformation to work.

Regards,
Garvin.
--
Bye,                                            ...[ icq  #21392242 |
 Garvin                                       ...[ www.supergarv.de |

... *"Five days is not too long to wait for a gun." - B.Simpson*