[Phpmyadmin-devel] disabled functions for security

Garvin Hicking squirrel at supergarv.de
Sat Mar 8 09:28:14 CET 2003

Hi!

> So we could put the @ in front of the 2 ini_get calls, as suggested
> in the bug report, but this means they won't be able to upload.
> I smell a new faq entry about upgrading their PHP:)

Can't we put an override file_upload directive in the configuration? I don't see why
users shouldn't be able to use a function only because a hoster forbids the function
to see whether a function is available. Users who know, that file upload is enabled
for them can then enable it. A comment in the config should document, that Users
should know what they're doing.

Nevertheless, this is an annoying issue. :-\

Regards,
Garvin.