[Phpmyadmin-devel] chance for transactions in pma?

Robin H. Johnson robbat2 at orbis-terrarum.net
Mon Mar 24 08:14:06 CET 2003

On Mon, Mar 24, 2003 at 04:24:52PM +0100, Beck, Mike wrote:
> but if i set autocommit to false in the mysql serversettings  and in the
> php.ini set php to  use persistent connections as default do you think it
> would work?
> if that chance exists i'd start thinking if there is any useful way to help
> using transactions on innodb tables in pma, but i think that even if you use
> persistent connections these are only persistent within one apache child, so
> chances are that the connection is lost nevertheless and thus transaction
> can never work.
There is no gaurentee that you'll get the same persistant connection
unfortunetly. If your browser really used HTTP/1.1 keepalive, you'd
stand a better chance of it, but really that is no way to do it.

I do already use transactions on InnoDB tables myself.

> can anybody tell me more there?
The only workaround that is possible if we want transaction support in
PMA would be to buffer the queries inside PMA, using our own seperate
table, and then sending them atomically to MySQL on COMMIT or just
dumping them on ROLLBACK.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
E-Mail     : robbat2 at orbis-terrarum.net