[Phpmyadmin-devel] chance for transactions in pma?

Beck, Mike mike.beck at ibmiller.de
Mon Mar 24 09:48:57 CET 2003

> There is no gaurentee that you'll get the same persistant connection
> unfortunetly. If your browser really used HTTP/1.1 keepalive, you'd
> stand a better chance of it, but really that is no way to do it.

> > can anybody tell me more there?
> The only workaround that is possible if we want transaction support in
> PMA would be to buffer the queries inside PMA, using our own seperate
> table, and then sending them atomically to MySQL on COMMIT or just
> dumping them on ROLLBACK.

no, i don't think that'd stand a chance - if i have a big table and want to
do a updatequery on it and afterwards check if everything looks fine before
doing commit or rollback, that'd mean PMA would do a copy of my big table on
the heap for as long as it takes me to decide wether i like it? i doubt that
any ISP would like that behaviour.

but it is kind of sad, to see that here we seem to come to a point where
MySQL is offering a useful feature that users will not be able to use with
PMA - for usage of transactions i now installed the MySQL Controlcenter here
again ;-(

cheers

Mike Beck