[Phpmyadmin-devel] 2.5.0 this Sunday ?

Rabus rabus at bugfixes.info
Sun May 11 14:20:06 CEST 2003

Hi Marc & list,

-----Original Message-----
From: Marc Delisle

> I cannot test this, but what we declare is that we won't
> support PHP 3 and MySQL 3.21 after phpMyAdmin 2.5.x.
>
> Here the x is important, opening the door to 2.5.1.

I'm a little confused:
Haven't we planned to drop the php 3 / MySQL 3.21 support after 2.5.0?
I suggested to do so on 2003-03-16 12:17.
Garving replied: "I like the idea of leaving phpMyAdmin 2.5.0 the last
release for older version compatibility."
And then you yourself wrote as reply to Garvin's message: "I also agree
with Rabus about the new requirements of PHP and MySQL (after 2.5.0)."

Continuing the support for php 3 / MySQL 3.21 although we have no test
machines is just insane, imho.

Anyway, haven't we planned to start the session based rewrite, now?

Regards,

Alexander M. Turek
<alex at bugfixes.info>

| The phpMyAdmin Project      |