[Phpmyadmin-devel] Re: [Phpmyadmin-cvs] CVS: phpMyAdmin left.php3,1.125,1.126

Garvin Hicking squirrel at supergarv.de
Sun May 25 10:31:03 CEST 2003

Hi again.

Now I remember - I changed the line in the <noscript> area to left.php3 without
thinking further.

The logic is this:
If JavaScript is enabled, submit the new DB only to the left frame, and let the left
frame refresh the right frame via JavaScript (this worked for me)
If no JavaScript is available, post the form to the whole frameset and rebuild it.
Because a JavaScript Queryframe is not available, we can rebuild the whole hash
without problems. And so the left and main frame should show the new variables.

The problem of bug #742632 is not the <form> tag itself, it was right before I
changed the line on friday and should be reversed to that state. But the above logic
only applies when a DB is selected - the User reported he clicked the "(Databases)"
entry in the dropdown, but the right frame only gets updated when a DB is chosen.

So the fix we have to apply is to check if a form submit has been done with an empty
lightm_db value and change it to the appropriate info.

I'm sorry, I have no time to do that until tomorrow evening - if you're willing to
put some work into it, please do. In either case, we have to fix that before
relasing a new RC1 :)

Regards,
Garvin.
Hi Marc!

Why have you changed the script below? We can't submit to the index.php3 and target
_parent because then the frameset+hash is changed, and any open query window will
not target to the main window any more. I'm just remembering that I changed that on
purpose, but I have no time left today to think into this.

We should consider this before releasing 2.5.1 however, so if you've looked into
this maybe you currently have a more clearer view on this and can tell me, why the
change was needed...

Regards,
Garvin.

> *** left.php3	24 May 2003 11:33:21 -0000	1.125
> --- left.php3	25 May 2003 11:04:21 -0000	1.126
> ***************
> *** 360,367 ****
>           ?>
>           <script type="text/javascript" language="javascript">
> !             document.writeln('<form method="post" action="left.php3" name="left"
target="nav">');
>           </script>
>           <noscript>
> !             <form method="post" action="left.php3" name="left" target="nav">
>           </noscript>
>           <?php
> --- 360,367 ----
>           ?>
>           <script type="text/javascript" language="javascript">
> !             document.writeln('<form method="post" action="index.php3"
name="left" target="_parent">');
>           </script>
>           <noscript>
> !             <form method="post" action="index.php3" name="left" target="_parent">
>           </noscript>
>           <?php

Bye,
Garvin.