[Phpmyadmin-devel] about arbitrary auth_type

Wed Sep 10 04:40:03 CEST 2003

Michal Cihar a écrit:

> Hi
>
> Original message (Marc Delisle, 10.09.2003 07:06):
>
>>I find this a valuable addition. However, I suggest we use 'cookie' mode
>>for it.
>>
>>The server choice list could be always expanded to add a choice like
>>"other...", and when it is chosen, the field to enter the server name
>>would be made visible.
>>
>>One less choice for configuration, keeps things more simple, avoid
>>maintaining a seperated "arbitrary" script.
>

> There should still be posibility to disable this, to keep iterface as
> simple as possible (eg. with just one server).
>
>     Michal

Michal,

well, if you like. But I think that having this:
--------------------

Server choice: [(drop-down)]
or             [enter server name]

would not clutter the interface too much. Plus it opens the eyes of
users about this feature if we always show it, or if we
show it by default.

Currently if we have just one server, we even don't show it on the
login page, and I think that showing it would be an improvement.

Also, the auth_type 'arbitrary' somehow hides the fact that the mode
is really cookie.

Marc