[Phpmyadmin-devel] Suggestion for Home page modification

Mon Sep 22 10:56:07 CEST 2003

Michal Cihar a écrit:
> Hi
>
> Original message (Marc Delisle, 18.09.2003 17:06):
>
>>please comment about
>>http://www.phpmyadmin.net/index-2.5.3-test.php
>

> Okay for me.
>
> That reminds me, that I started some work to change look of that web,
> but I didn't time to finish it and then I completely forgot about it
> :-) You may have a look at it: http://cihar.com/pma-new/ . Now I'm
> leaving for a week, but then I can finish that, if you like it. Source
> can be fetched from http://cihar.com/pma-new/pma-new.tar.bz2 .

Michal,

here is my feedback about your page. First, I think having a menu
is a welcome addition. I also like the idea of pulling the news from sf.
We just have to add to news on sf the things like "security alert",
and it appears on the home page.

We will need an Awards menu...

I would prefer a bigger logo. Also, I think the script would be easier
to place in our htdocs if it was only one script, with parameters like
the current index-2.5.3.php does to display the release notes.

I am not sure to like the paragraph about the number of bugs, etc.

Also, how does the download page work? Currently for a release we
just change some variables in the script.

Marc