[Phpmyadmin-devel] Suggestion for Home page modification

Mon Sep 29 09:44:13 CEST 2003

Michal Cihar a écrit:
> Hi all
>
> I'm back from vacation :-)

I hope the vacation was fine!

> Original message (Marc Delisle, 22.09.2003 13:55):
>
>>here is my feedback about your page. First, I think having a menu
>>is a welcome addition. I also like the idea of pulling the news from sf.
>>We just have to add to news on sf the things like "security alert",
>>and it appears on the home page.
>>
>>We will need an Awards menu...
>

> No problem :-)
>

>>I would prefer a bigger logo.
>

> I thing, this one is big enough, but no problem to change it.

Well, ok to keep the small logo.

>>Also, I think the script would be easier
>>to place in our htdocs if it was only one script, with parameters like
>>the current index-2.5.3.php does to display the release notes.
>

> I thing spliting the code into several pieces is better. But putting it
> together and adding few ifs is just a cosmetical change.

Can all the pieces fit in one subdir of htdocs? I would like to keep htdocs
cleaner. Same result could be achieved if your scripts have a common prefix.

Also, in htdocs/devel-archive I keep the old versions of the home page,
it might be interesting some day to look at those. And it's easy to do when
there is only one file.

>>I am not sure to like the paragraph about the number of bugs, etc.
>

> Some statistics is nice :-)

Yes, but maybe not in the starting page. There could be a stats page, with
the stats paragraph you made, plus a link to the stats graphics:
http://sourceforge.net/project/stats/index.php?report=months&group_id=23067

Please, "developer" with just one P.

>>Also, how does the download page work? Currently for a release we
>>just change some variables in the script.
>

> It currently does not work :-) , I expected to take the current one..

Ok. Anyway, nice work!

Marc