[Phpmyadmin-devel] what about a pma-installer ?

Mon Apr 5 06:09:05 CEST 2004

Olivier Mueller a écrit:
> Our "config.inc.php" is getting bigger and bigger
> and is quite complex, especially for "newbies".
>
> What about a simple ~/setup.php which would ask a few
> simple questions and generate a basic config.inc.php (and
> why not create/upgrade the 'phpmyadmin' DB), or a perl
> script like in squirrelmail?
>
> step1: generate a new config.inc.php
> step2: generate config.inc.php based on an older version
>        -> probably quite (too?) complex, the current file
>           is not really 'parser-friendly'
>
> Wouldn't it be great to have something like that for the
> 2.6.0 release? :)

I suggest to do this after 2.6.0. Our goal for 2.6.0 was mysqli
and the new charset support. But lots of bugs have been reported
and take time to fix.

About the installer, we will have to be compatible with servers
in PHP safe mode (offer to download the resulting config file).

Marc