[Phpmyadmin-devel] what about a pma-installer ?

Olivier Mueller om-lists-phpmyadmin at omx.ch
Mon Apr 5 07:40:12 CEST 2004

On Mon, 2004-04-05 at 09:08 -0400, Marc Delisle wrote:
> I suggest to do this after 2.6.0. Our goal for 2.6.0 was mysqli
> and the new charset support. But lots of bugs have been reported
> and take time to fix.

Sure, bug fixing is the priority number 1.  And about mysqli,
are you still around Marcel ? :-)

> About the installer, we will have to be compatible with servers
> in PHP safe mode (offer to download the resulting config file).

Well, it doesn't have to be 100% full-featured at the begining:
displaying the result as text file in the browser would already
be fine, and then copy/paste -> config.inc.php.

If you already have some code or ideas, please post them under
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=601016&group_id=23067&atid=377411

cheers,
Olivier