[Phpmyadmin-devel] live CVS demo borkage

Olivier Mueller om-lists-phpmyadmin at omx.ch
Fri Apr 16 07:05:01 CEST 2004

On Fri, 2004-04-16 at 09:54 -0400, Marc Delisle wrote:

> Olivier Mueller a écrit:

> >>Ok I will do it.
> >

> > maybe it's possible to add that feature directely to robbat's script...
> > or just call the create-release script from cron, but there is the
> > cvs login/pw question problem there (probably a small issue).
> >
> > Olivier
> >

> I think the best is to call create-release.sh, but I wonder which
> first parameter we should pass it. Second parameter is HEAD by default.
>
> Should we do create-release.sh snapshot
> ?
> Which could produce filenames like phpMyAdmin-YYYYMMDDHHMM.xxxx

would be the easiest, aber would require a "fix" to make it
work via cron (now it requires a manual "[enter]" for the cvs login)
and it asks a question  (which could be optional if the script is
run with the option "snapshot", ok...).

I'd suggest to keep the .cvsignore and CVS dirs in cvs release, to
allow testers use 'cvs update' too... :  so this line should be
ignored in 'snapshot mode' :
  "find phpMyAdmin \( -name .cvsignore -o -name CVS \) -print0 | xargs
-0 rm -rf"

> Another question: do we need to keep the tree generated by this script?
> I find it confusing in http://www.phpmyadmin.net/cvs to see a
> phpMyAdmin-2.6.0-dev subdir.

afaik it's there for 'historical reason' :-)  so could be removed after
generation of the archives, no problem.

Olivier