[Phpmyadmin-devel] about LIKE '%...%'

Mon Aug 9 16:30:16 CEST 2004

Hi,

We got some negative reports about putting this operator first in the
list. Concerns are about performance (wildcard being slower, and in
case of monster tables, slower meant > 45 min.).

Before those reports, I was finding that putting LIKE '%...%' first
was quite useful, as I almost always put the % manually for any search
I do.

I suggest for the next -rc to put back LIKE in the first position,
followed by LIKE %...%.

We could also move the list of operators from tbl_select.php to config,
but this would probably be too much.

Comments?

Marc