DelislMa at CollegeSherbrooke.qc.ca
Wed May 5 05:49:09 CEST 2004
Garvin Hicking a écrit:
> Hi All!
>>>Personally, I'd like to have patch #947190 in 2.6.0... Porting it to 2.6.0
>>>shouldn't be that hard, so if we waited just a few more days with the
>>>feature freeze... ... ... :-)
> I really love that patch, but I do think some work needs to be done to integrate
> it seemlessy and most of all backwards-compatible. I agree it's not that hard,
> but I also think it may take up to 2-3 weeks to solve all issues.
> So either we postpone a lot and get it done good, or we don't postpone and
> integrate it for 2.6.x as nijel also said.
> I don't know how advanced the mysqli-stuff is (don't have mysqli available here
> currently), but I guess it's more important for the people out there to have
> mysqli support than a PMA-redesign. So I think we shouldn't postpone the
> release, which means we should use the patch for 2.6.1 -> $0.02. :-)
I have read your opinions, and I must say that they all make sense!
I vote for merging the new patch for a delayed 2.6.0-rc1. First I was thinking that
we are late in 2.6.0 cycle, but now I think:
- people that need mysqli already have 2.6.0-alpha1, or the daily snapshot
- for a 2.6.0 release, maybe it's important to have a new look. Most users do not
even have the server infrastructure to benefit from our mysqli support, so the main thing
they will notice is the look :)
However I am concerned about the size of this patch. I have some time to devote to this
and I hope other devs also have some time. Fortunately, Michael seems motivated and will surely
cooperate to help on this.
More information about the Developers