[Phpmyadmin-devel] 2.6.0-rc1

Garvin Hicking phpmyadmin at supergarv.de
Wed May 5 02:48:03 CEST 2004

Hi All!

>> Personally, I'd like to have patch #947190 in 2.6.0... Porting it to 2.6.0
>> shouldn't be that hard, so if we waited just a few more days with the
>> feature freeze... ... ... :-)

I really love that patch, but I do think some work needs to be done to integrate
it seemlessy and most of all backwards-compatible. I agree it's not that hard,
but I also think it may take up to 2-3 weeks to solve all issues.

So either we postpone a lot and get it done good, or we don't postpone and
integrate it for 2.6.x as nijel also said.

I don't know how advanced the mysqli-stuff is (don't have mysqli available here
currently), but I guess it's more important for the people out there to have
mysqli support than a PMA-redesign. So I think we shouldn't postpone the
release, which means we should use the patch for 2.6.1 -> $0.02. :-)

Regards,
Garvin.

--
Garvin Hicking   | Web-Entwickler | Make me happy:
www.supergarv.de | #ICQ 21392242  | http://wishes.garv.info/