[Phpmyadmin-devel] Scripts cleanup

Wed May 5 06:04:00 CEST 2004

Michal Čihař a écrit:

> Hi all

Hi Michal!  and all :)

> do we still need to ship these scripts:
>
> extchg.sh - used in past for changing php3 to php

ok to remove.

> inno2pma.sh - convert InnoDB keys into pma database, we now have native
>     support for InnoDB, don't we?

Yes we have native support. In FAQ 3.6 we mention this:
  What is currently not supported in phpMyAdmin about InnoDB?
- In Relation view, being able to choose a table in another database, or having more than one index field in the foreign key.

- In Query-by-example (Query), automatic generation of the query LEFT JOIN from the foreign table.

For point 1, I think the pma internal relation system does not currently support cross-db relations, although
the fields are there. So there is no benefit in moving InnoDB to pma internal.

Having more than one index field in the foreign key is also not supported by pma internal.

So I think point 2 is the only thing were pma internal has an advantage (currently), so I think there
is no point in keeping inno2pma.sh.

Marc