[Phpmyadmin-devel] Experimental db_details_structure

Garvin Hicking phpmyadmin at supergarv.de
Wed May 5 06:12:01 CEST 2004

Hi All!

I just had a go at the non-light left frame and grouped/nested tables. Formerly
if you clicked on any of the groups you where taken to the full table properties
overview. It would be nice to only see the tables in the group.

When I evaluated the functions which iterate through the available tables I
found out that if the ToolTip-Function is enabled the SHOW TABLE STATUS is done
twice, unneccesarily IMHO. I reduced that into one step and don't think that
could break anything. But I would ask you to carefully revise if you see any
issues with this.

At least on my setup with 300 tables this definitely speeds up my whole display.

I escaped the submitted $tbl_group variable to SHOW TABLE STATUS FROM ... LIKE
'...' with no special escaping. Do you think this is needed? I only tested with
common table names, to weird special characters used.

There is one thing, though: Previously the tooltips where evaluated from Tables
in use. Now the tables in use are not getting a SHOW TABLE STATUS, but I think
the new behaviour is more what is wanted.

If you feel somewhat unsafe with the patch please let me know. I definitely like
the benefit. :-)

Regards,
Garvin.

--
Garvin Hicking   | Web-Entwickler | Make me happy:
www.supergarv.de | #ICQ 21392242  | http://wishes.garv.info/