[Phpmyadmin-devel] 2.6.0-rc2 schedule

Alexander M. Turek me at derrabus.de
Thu Sep 2 15:42:18 CEST 2004

Hash: SHA1

Hi Marc & list,

Marc Delisle wrote:
> I suggest Sept. 6 for 2.6.0-rc2 release, and probably one week later
> for 2.6.0-final.

September 6th for RC2 is fine for me, but I'd like to wait two weeks
before we release a final, though.

> Before -rc2 I plan to work on
> - removing charset introducers and use CONVERT
> - bug 1009791

We should also do some testing on the new MySQL 4.1.4-gamma. Although I
haven't encountered any (new) problems yet, I think we should ensure
that we are really compatible to this one.

> About #1018081, as discussed with Alexander, maybe we should not
> support MySQL 4.1.0

+ 1 for dropping MySQL 4.1.0 support. 4.1.0 is just too experimental and
on top of that some core functionalities haven been changed or extended
since then, for example the character set environment variables (on
which we have to rely) have been added in 4.1.1. Personally, I don't
want to write compatibility code for a single experimental alpha version.

> and 4.1.1

4.1.1 _should_ be OK, but I'm not sure if we should officially support
that version.

> Also, we will have to make a decision about Safari support before
> -final.

I don't like much the idea of working around problems of pre-final
testing software.

> Other bug reports do not appear show-stoppers to me.

I will also check if there are any possible showstoppers in the list.


Alexander M. Turek

PS.: I had to change my PGP key, so please don't be surprised if this
key does not mach the one I used in earlier mails.
Version: GnuPG v1.2.6 (GNU/Linux)


More information about the Developers mailing list