[Phpmyadmin-devel] Theme version check

Michal Čihař michal at cihar.com
Tue Sep 7 02:36:05 CEST 2004

Hi all

I just looked at bug #1023029 and thought about theme versioning.
Current one is not good as it doesn't allow current phpMyAdmin to refuse
future incompatible themes. So I suggest one more modification before
final 2.6.0:

In addition to $theme_version add $theme_generation. $theme_generation
will have to match and $theme_version needs to be higher or equal than
required versions.

This will allow to enhance themes step by step while increasing
$theme_version and these themes will work inside one generation.

When we will need more changes, we increase generation and this theme
won't be compatible with older phpMyAdmin releses.

Comments?

--
     Michal Čihař | http://cihar.com