[Phpmyadmin-devel] Theme version check

Tue Sep 7 09:42:14 CEST 2004

Michal Čihař a écrit:

> Hi all
>
> I just looked at bug #1023029 and thought about theme versioning.
> Current one is not good as it doesn't allow current phpMyAdmin to refuse
> future incompatible themes. So I suggest one more modification before
> final 2.6.0:
>
> In addition to $theme_version add $theme_generation. $theme_generation
> will have to match and $theme_version needs to be higher or equal than
> required versions.
>
> This will allow to enhance themes step by step while increasing
> $theme_version and these themes will work inside one generation.
>
> When we will need more changes, we increase generation and this theme
> won't be compatible with older phpMyAdmin releses.
>
> Comments?

Michal,

maybe just one variable, $theme_version, containing the major and minor version:
1.1
major being your idea of generation.

But are we only talking about users having problems because they
designed custom themes or custom versions of our 2 themes?

Or if someday we offer downloadable themes and we want those to work without
the user having to upgrade?

Marc

Marc