[Phpmyadmin-devel] Theme version check

Michal Čihař michal at cihar.com
Tue Sep 7 10:19:05 CEST 2004

On Tuesday 07 September 2004 18:40, Marc Delisle wrote:
> maybe just one variable, $theme_version, containing the major and minor
> version: 1.1
> major being your idea of generation.

But you will need to parse that string into separate numbers anyway for
comparsion :-)

> But are we only talking about users having problems because they
> designed custom themes or custom versions of our 2 themes?
>
> Or if someday we offer downloadable themes and we want those to work
> without the user having to upgrade?

What I try to achieve is:

in near future themes will probably only expand, so current versions should
work with them

some day we decite do completely rewrite themes so current version should
refuse these new themes.

This is needed to allow third party themes to work without problems. I hope
people will start to use theme features and will create own themes :-)

--
    Michal Čihař | http://cihar.com