[Phpmyadmin-devel] Re: PDF export

Michal Čihař michal at cihar.com
Mon Dec 5 01:40:03 CET 2005

Hi

On Sat 3. 12. 2005 20:48, Marc Delisle wrote:
> I just merged this feature. Feel free to play with it. There are some
> TODOs in the code, but it seems already useful in its current state.

I will look at it later, but sounds promising :-).

> A few questions:
>
> 1. It does not make sense to not "Save as file", so should we check
> this by default for a PDF export?

There is in fact same (unsolved) question for Word/Excel right now and
will raise again once we have OpenDocument export. Probably enabling
this by javascript is best solution (simmilarily we should disable
charset selection).

> 2. Maybe I should hide this option when not in Table panel?

Saving to server is still usable choice, so we can not hide whole panel.

> 3. Currently I do
> if (!PMA_exportOutputHandler($pdf->buffer))
> once when the PDF is all built in the buffer, but I guess that this
> function was planned to receive smaller chunks of data. I wonder how
> to do it with the current fpdf logic.

Yes, it was meant to receive small chunks and process them separately to
save memory usage in case it makes sense (eg. charset conversion or
some kinds of compression).

--
    Michal Čihař | http://cihar.com