[Phpmyadmin-devel] setup script

Marc Delisle Marc.Delisle at cegepsherbrooke.qc.ca
Thu Dec 8 09:29:02 CET 2005

Congratulations Michal for this excellent script. I have a few comments:

- In the Servers section, could we have just one dropdown of servers,
then the 2 buttons Delete and Edit next to the dropdown?

- In the doc, should we give the UNIX commands for proper permission and
ownership of the config directory? We are already doing it in the doc
for another subject.

- PMA's behavior (with default configuration) has always been to try to
connect to a localhost server with root and no password (to match
default MySQL installation), but now I suggest that PMA goes into setup
mode if no config.inc.php is found.

- Maybe in the Servers section or in the "Configure Server" dialog a
"Add default MySQL server" button or something like that.

- Maybe in the Configuration section, display Save and Load in grey when
they are not available, with a link to the doc explaining why.

Marc