[Phpmyadmin-devel] Error reporting in config file

Michal Čihař michal at cihar.com
Mon Jul 11 02:33:25 CEST 2005

Hi all

since PHP 4.3.5 interpreter stops on parse error. With our current code this
leads to empty page when user makes such error in configuration. This is
pretty confusing, see bugreport [1].

Possible solutions, that come to my mind:

- do not reset error reporting - user will get directly error message

- eval config file content, parse errors inside eval are not thet fatal, so we
can hide errors in that time and handle error simmilar way how we did it
before

1.
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=377408&aid=1223319&group_id=23067

--