[Phpmyadmin-devel] server_privileges and special characters in table name

Marc Delisle Marc.Delisle at cegepsherbrooke.qc.ca
Wed Jul 27 14:26:18 CEST 2005

Hi,

First under MySQL 4.1.13 I create a table with a special character in
its name (for example école).
Then I have problems assigning privileges on a table level, with PMA.
This is because SELECT Table_name from tables_priv
returns a weird character instead of "é". Note however that
SHOW GRANTS displays this character correctly.

I was thinking of doing some conversion in server_privileges.php, but
before, I tried the same test under MySQL 5.0.9 and there is no problem!

Could someone confirm/comment my tests?

Marc