[Phpmyadmin-devel] IE JavaScript tooltip issue

Garvin Hicking phpmyadmin at supergarv.de
Wed Jun 22 00:50:10 CEST 2005

Hi all!

I have just looked at the bug report
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1224152&group_id=23067&atid=377408

I can confirm the error, even though it does not prevent me from successfully
exporting anything.

The problem is that this tooltip-JavaScript code is a bit suboptimal.

The libraries for this function are called at the bottom of the file, even
though JS libraries should be put inside the HEAD-section. That, however, cannot
be done as the included javascript file references some div-Containers that only
"exist" after the DOM creation. On the other hand, before the script is loaded
you can already move your mouse above the tooltip bubble, and then you get an
error in the IE because the JS library is not yet loaded.

It would require a major rewrite of that piece of code so that the library is
included in the head section, and the tooltip-init code is called upon <body
onload="...">. Added to that, the tooltip bubble itself may not yet execute
before the library and DOM is loaded.

Sadly, this is only an issue in the IE, and I could not find ANY way whatsoever
to debug it's JavaScripting and what exactly is causing this ominous reported
error on line "142". In any case this should not ever prevent users from actual
functionality like exporting...

Regards,
Garvin

--