[Phpmyadmin-devel] feedback about TIMESTAMP options

Wed Mar 16 09:32:21 CET 2005

Hi,

I just merged some changes to support table structure editing of MySQL
4.1.2+ TIMESTAMP options.

Currently, I add ON UPDATE CURRENT_TIMESTAMP into the list of attributes
for MySQL 4.1.2 (instead of doing it in config.inc.php, because
the config import does not deal with new items in an array, AFAIK).

Also, for a TIMESTAMP I added a checkbox and CURRENT_TIMESTAMP under the
default value.

Please someone tell me how to put the checkbox next to the label :)

You can have a try. Due to the MySQL behavior, funny things happen when
you deactivate those options for a field, or when you try to set them
for a TIMESTAMP which is not the first one.

If you are pleased with this, I will add the options also for table
creation and field addition. However, I think in this case I would
add the CURRENT_TIMESTAMP checkbox for all fields, because I don't yet
know if it's going to be a TIMESTAMP. Unless someone has a better idea :)

Marc