[Phpmyadmin-devel] Querywindow wihtout JS in mainframe?

Garvin Hicking phpmyadmin at supergarv.de
Thu Sep 29 08:46:13 CEST 2005

Hi!

>> But is the querywindow able to show the SQL results inside the base frameset
>> without javascript? I though that form targets do only work within framesets
>> and not inside popup windows, without JS?
>
> <form target="phpmain">

I have not yet looked at your new code commits, but in "the old times" the main
name needed a hash like phpmain3242fsfd23234234ff to properly target framesets
when multiple phpMyAdmin instances are opened on the same browser in different
tabs. Because you don't want the popup window of phpMyAdmin #1 to set its SQL
query to phpMyAdmin #2. :-)

>> But how would you know if you should open the server tab, the db tab or the
>> table tab, without JS?
>
> if this can not be determined open the server sql tab, but when you change the
> db in the left frame without JS, the whole frameset is reloaded, and now you
> know the current db - but this is already done at my lokal copy - so this is not
> a question of 'how' but rather is it wanted?

I think that refresh only happens when you use the "LightView". I personally
always use the "full view", and then the left frame is not reloaded.

Sadly I don't have much time at these times to look at your new implementation.
There are many things to consider, so please don't let us break stuff that has
been thought over in the past. :)

That's all I was asking for. :)

Regards,
Garvin