[Phpmyadmin-devel] about Language

Sebastian Mendel lists at sebastianmendel.de
Wed Aug 9 16:53:45 CEST 2006

Marc Delisle schrieb:
> Sebastian Mendel a écrit :
>> Marc Delisle schrieb:

>>> It makes sense, if we take care of LTR/RTL also for the label and the
>>> selectbox.
>> ?
>
> If I switch to German I'll see
> Sprache - Language:  [Deutsch - German]
>
> In Arabic, if we reverse the label (I don't know if this would be
> better) we have to reverse the contents of the select box too.

i still don't understand - why should _WE_ reverse the label? this is
done by the client

the client decides if the string 'flows' in document text direction or
is displayed in other text direction

in RTL document:

[\/ RTL] RTL
[LTR \/] RTL

[\/ RTL] LTR
LTR [LTR \/]

in LTR document:

[\/ RTL] RTL
RTL [LTR \/]

LTR [\/ RTL]
LTR [LTR \/]

so the lang selector for arabic should look like:

[>>LangSelect>> \/] >>LangEn>> - <<LangAr<<

but possible it will look like:

>>LangEn>> [>>LangSelect>> \/] - <<LangAr<<

do you mean this?

--
Sebastian Mendel

www.sebastianmendel.de