[Phpmyadmin-devel] bug in MYSQL40 compatibility mode

Marc Delisle Marc.Delisle at cegepsherbrooke.qc.ca
Tue Dec 5 18:40:49 CET 2006

Sebastian Mendel a écrit :
> Jürgen Wind schrieb:
>> Sebastian Mendel wrote:
>>> is there any bug report about this at mysql?
>> http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=14515
>> http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=21342
>> (i have'nt read it yet)
>
> ok, so this fixed in released version of 4.1 and 5.0
>
> so, if we add some warning than only for < 5.0.23 / 4.1.21
>

> we should introduce a Class for testing
>
> class PMA_Tests {
>      function runAll() { ... }
>      function checkMySqlBug14515() { ... }
>      function checkMySqlBugXXX() { ... }
>      function checkPhpBugXXX() { ... }
> }
>
> so we can have one global place where all test can run (setup script?)
> and individually places where only one test can be run.
>
> using just one generic locale string like 'This action/page is affected
> by a known bug in your MySQL version. See bugs.mysql.com/XXX'

Yes it's a good idea. Having a look at what exists currently in PMA, in
main.php we do some tests and emit warnings. I would not use the setup
script for this kind of warnings, as not everyone use this scripts.

In main.php we have specific messages like $strPHP40203 and more general
messages used like this:

echo '<div class="warning">' . sprintf($strUpgrade, 'PHP', '4.1.0') .

Instead of the functions you suggested, we could call, at the start of
each feature (say, export), a generic function

PMA_checkVersion($component, $minimum_version, $bug_number)

with the generic message you suggested.