[Phpmyadmin-devel] new setup script and new users

Marc Delisle Marc.Delisle at cegepsherbrooke.qc.ca
Mon Feb 6 05:37:04 CET 2006

Hi devs,

I plan to add to the doc some instructions about how to deal with the
config directory for users of a Windows server. They might not like
being told to do "chmod" :)

Also, after reading the forum, I wonder about our decision to remove
config.inc.php from main directory. Some newbies take one of those actions:

- edit directly config.default.php
- complain about the product not working on a default installation

Maybe we should put a minimal config.inc.php there.
Here I'm talking about taking care of users who download directly our
kits; I wonder what integrators like various distros and XAMPP will do
about this.

Marc