[Phpmyadmin-devel] Re: new setup script and new users

Michal Čihař michal at cihar.com
Mon Feb 6 05:52:03 CET 2006

Hi

On Mon, 06 Feb 2006 08:36:26 -0500
Marc Delisle <Marc.Delisle at cegepsherbrooke.qc.ca> wrote:

> I plan to add to the doc some instructions about how to deal with the
> config directory for users of a Windows server. They might not like
> being told to do "chmod" :)

Good point ;-).

> Also, after reading the forum, I wonder about our decision to remove
> config.inc.php from main directory. Some newbies take one of those actions:
>
> - edit directly config.default.php
> - complain about the product not working on a default installation

Maybe we could write short install instructions into INSTALL file (and
point to Documentation for more info). I guess most people don't want
to read so huge document...

> Maybe we should put a minimal config.inc.php there.

I suggest something like this:

<?php
/* Put here your configuration */
?>

> Here I'm talking about taking care of users who download directly our
> kits; I wonder what integrators like various distros and XAMPP will do
> about this.

They can put autogenerated config file in place, as they usually have
enough information to do meaningful setup.

--
	Michal Čihař | http://cihar.com